Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know where else to post this topic, so I'll stick it in here.
Anyway, I noticed the other day, that the paint on my hood is fading and turning white from the sun. I've tried to keep it waxed, but to no avail.
Anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to keep it looking decent?
Any products I can buy to help?
My paint is cracking and peeling in alot of places around the truck. Why the original owner painted it this color, I will never know. The hood is still in decent shape. Would like to bring back some of the color.
Thanks,
Mike

· Registered
219 Posts
hmm since no one else has replied to your post, i will. Fact is ur truck has over 200k miles, prolly been outside alot and is getting up there in the years of loyal service to you. The paint fading is something I see on every car with that kind of miles unless the vehicle in question is garaged whenever it's not driven. If you've been waxing it from day one, well that's about the best you could do. Sorry I don't have much advice on what can be done. Heck my mom's honda only has 107k and it has some little fade spots appearing on the trunk. It happens over time, just part of it all...

· Registered
404 Posts
you know how to wetsand, stacy does it on an eposode of trucks, its not all that hard if you take ur time. if you want more info on it there is prolley plenty if u google it

· Registered
33 Posts
Faded Paint

Well, I own a 96 Dodge Dakota with 114 + miles on it. It's a good truck, only one thing still got to fix on mine it is the A/C. It's still got the Factory paint job on it.. (Looseing it slowly on top of cab & back bad), besides if you don't like the previous had on it.... change it That is what I am going to do re paint mine. just got to get the money together.

Later :wave:
joe cool

'96 Dodge DAKOTA V6 Magmum :drive:
limo tint slider ground effects ventvisors (sides & rear glass) Heartbreaker Seat covers DODGE floor mats and still adding on !!

· I bleev u have mai staplr
3,018 Posts
Yeah my cab and back bed are all peeling from the son and the crappy quality of the factory paint job. And it had less than 83K when it started. You can ask SYRT when it actually started doing it. :biggthump But anywho...It'sgetting repainted this winter.

· Registered
33 Posts
Nice Ride

Just want to tell you ...... VERY NICE RIDE. I own a 1996 Dodge Dakota 3.9 and just added a FlowMaster series 40 muffler to mine too and a K&N air filter to it. Sounds Sweet with that muffler on it.

Got a web site for you.... www.SoLaMOPARS.com . or www.SoLaDAKOTAS.com . Stop by some times . got a good bunch of guys & girls there here in Baton Rouge, La

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joe cool said:
Just want to tell you ...... VERY NICE RIDE. I own a 1996 Dodge Dakota 3.9 and just added a FlowMaster series 40 muffler to mine too and a K&N air filter to it. Sounds Sweet with that muffler on it.

Got a web site for you.... www.SoLaMOPARS.com . or www.SoLaDAKOTAS.com . Stop by some times . got a good bunch of guys & girls there here in Baton Rouge, La
I've gotta get some updated pics of 'er on here soon. I've added a few more bolt ons since I last posted in here. I've added a new Excelerator muffler and newer tailpipes. The muffler has a lifetime replacement warranty on it, so whenever it rusts out, they send me a brand new one for free. All I have to do is go to my neighborhood muffler shop and they will install it. I replaced it this spring and they added some nice 3" angled chrome tips for me with new tailpipes. They did a very nice job.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.