Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been asked before so I'm just going to ask. I'm still on the fence regarding amplifying my stock stereo just to add upgraded speakers, but I'm now wondering if there's any pre-wiring in that passenger kick panel for the optional Infinity amp (which I don't have) that I may be able to hook up to rather than run in-line amp wires from the the four speaker outputs. Again it's the 6-disc in-dash model that I would rather not part with, and unfortunately the dealership couldn't find (or add) the Infinity system in the exact truck I wanted...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes I believe it is pre-wired and (shameless plug here) I even have a stock Infinity amp for sale if you really want to go that way but I think you might be disapointed with it (it isn't very good as far as sound goes). I have the same head unit and decided to keep mine as well but went with "Linear power" amps and "Image Dynamics" speakers. Sounds pretty damn good for a stock head unit and I think you'd be happier with that kind of set-up if you decide not to change head units.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you took out the Infinity amp and added the new one, how did you wire it up? I'm not particularly interested in adding an Infinity-branded Dodge amp to my system, but I do want to make installing a new aftermarket amp as easy as possible given that I don't have RCA preouts on the factory deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts