Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
1,954 Posts
ive put ceramics on every truck ive owned because the regular cheap ones make a mess of the rims and they can be noisy. every time you change pads, you should always ATLEAST have the rotors turned, if not replaced. shops here will turn them for $10 a piece if you bring them in, so why not? at 68k, it wont hurt to turn them. and when i install pads, i always shoot the backs of them with that disc brake quiet stuff. not sure how it works, but i havent had noisy brakes in years. and make sure you lube the caliper pins while its apart. i do it twice a year on my trucks.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
1,954 Posts
Do not use the spray.
the spray is for the back of the pads, its almost like a "filler" that takes up microscopic clearances between piston/pad backing plate and caliper/pad backing plate on the other pad. the compound is for the pins and for the surface where the pads slide on the bracket. the compound may work like the spray, ive just never used it like that. the less "goop" you slob on brake parts, the better, tho. thats why i use the spray. it hasnt ever done me wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.