Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wahooo i got me a Face gauge off ebay for $20 can't wait to get it although i have heard that they are a pain in the a$$ to put on

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Adam said:
wahooo i got me a Face gauge off ebay for $20 can't wait to get it although i have heard that they are a pain in the a$$ to put on
They aren't that bad to put in.... just miticulus (sp?) Here is what you should do. Wait until the motor is completely cold. Then turn it on, and mark on a replica piece of paper to show where they are sitting. Be sure not to take a long time on this because you don't want that motor to get that hot... it'll change the temp gauge. Then change them out, and be careful with the little needles... those are easy to break. Then put it all back on, and again... turn on the car,... and match up the needles where they were.

Paul

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
after that hit and hold trip reset until you see the word check in the odometer. it'll recal the gauges. it's easy. I did the opposite. i let the truck warm up and take the readings. also don't bottom out the gauges they'll stick. be careful and take your time.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
just so you know I had to cut the oem one around the warning light so it lined up. before you button it up, lay it down and turn the key on so you get your warning lights. if they don't line up just cur around that box. don't bother taking the hole thing off. turn signals too. good luck

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahhhhh those damn sticky circles don't stick worth a crap!!!! My RPM and MPH are stuck on the face gauge cause it wont stay down :finger: Oh and you know the pins that stop the needles from going all the way down well those holes were too big so I had to super glue them in so my needles would read 0.

Do you think a dab of super glue would hurt if i placed it on the sticky circle to help hold it down???:confused: :huh:

:rant: :finger: :rant: :finger:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well super glue didn't work i think i'm going to get to double sided tape and see it it holds down :poke:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
it's an overlay. the old face will poke thru. and the needles will rest on them. i would'nt use glue.....?

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
i dont think super glue works on plastic...you need a glue that actually says plastics on the label.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i used super glue to hold the pegs in and double sided tape to hold the face gauge down so the needles could move properly. It's not that bad if you have the right stuff and the patience to fiddle with the needles

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rockadaous said:
it's an overlay. the old face will poke thru. and the needles will rest on them. i would'nt use glue.....?

Thats what I thought but I had 2 pegs that wouldn't go all the way through and the other 2 did so i yanked the factory one out and pulled the pegs off and glued 2 on and the other 2 popped in place. Either way it works thats all i care about.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
gotta do what you gotta do..... :drink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts