Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got a new F-150, its got the 4.2L v6. we raced from a stop until 90, and by then i was long gone, it wasnt even close.:woot:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No offense Cory, but the V6 ford trucks suck ass. My friends got a 91 Ford Festiva and he took a kid in a F150 swb with duals on it. Still had the dealer tag in the window. Hope the kid took it back and bought an 8. Almost felt sorry for him. But thats what he gets for racing the mean green machine (the festiva is this piss green/blue color). Oh and it fits in the back of my F250... im not kidding either... it has a bout an inch between the sides of the car and inside my fender wells. Its funny lookin drivin down the road... if i ever get a flat i can just get my spare car out. Sorry this message took a wrong turn somewhere.:hijack:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.2L not worth gas to start it..

ditto on the no offense.. and ditto on the ass suckin' part..

We have been forced to rent a few Ford trucks while our service vehicle's are in the shop for various reasons.. they seem to stick us with the gut-less.. not even wonder 4.2L. Man.. they hosed up big time when they yanked the 4.9 I6 and stuffed that turd into them. Trucks , Vans alike.. that motor belongs either on a anchor chain, or in a pony.. better yet.. a Focus.. then it might be fun.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, it would still suck in a focus... to damn heavy with no power. Yeah the old 300ci (4.9L) I6's were strong ass motors. Had a lot of torque to them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what the 4.2L or the old I6 4.9L? The 4.2L is like 50 hp (kidding I think its like 170hp) The old I6 4.9L was i think if memory serves me (getting old... im 24) was 220hp and 305lb/ft. It had a lot of torque down low and middle. Most inline 6's are like that though. The jeeps with the 4.0L I6's are very stout, you could put a set of tri-y's and dual exhaust and a cold air intake and that little bastard would run (had one, did it, wrecked it :( ). Watch out for those jeeps by the way. Also thats why the BMW's are so strong - the majority of them are inline. Most diesels are inline (except the newer fords and all the chevy's), because inlines develop more torque down low than any other design of motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts