Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do exhaust in front of the rear wheels but im not sure if the rear wheel will get dirty from the carbon comihg out the exhaust pipe. People with exhaust coming out in front of the rear wheel(s), do your wheels get dirty from the exhaust??? :hammer: Let me know. :spam:

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
mine doesnt get dirty...i did my exhaust myself and ran it over the frame rail and i used the dtm 45 degree tips...i like the look better than those pipes that are bent or rolled out...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got mine commin out the side in front of the rear wheel and i have no cat on and there is no build up on the wheel at all. i've had it on for over a week now and there is no build up what so ever. I'm runnin the ceramacoated mopar headers into a single 3" exhaust system with no cat using flowmasters new super 40 system with a corsa performance escalade tip. Looks awsome and sounds bad as hell.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i'll try to get some up as soon as i can. probably won't be till this weekend till i can get to it.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Well the surround sound messed up and I took it back. So I'll be getting that exhaust soon and I can post pic up for you as well

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gsm

My GS Motorsports True Duals come out the side and there isn't any carbon build-up. The Ford Lightnings had a problem with the right rear tire wearing out with the side exhaust and it caused them to re-do the POS. I am smarter than the average Fix Or Repair Daily driver and rotate my tires every 6000 - 8000 miles to avoid problems like this.

E

·
0 Posts
Hi Adam,

I really dont like selling "cat-backs" they dont work very well

Scott :spank:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
but wouldn't duals be too free flowing on a slightly modded truck? :huh: Just saying this cause there isn't many heavely modded trucks on this board. I've seen the dyno #'s on the duals and catback and if you can afford it duals are the way to go.

·
Megashifter
15 Posts
I remember when vehicles came stock with duals that did not have high HP numbers. I just installed GSM true duals and have no problems with carbon. Carbon? If yer blowin' smoke... you've got engine problems. I ran pre-rearwheel exits on all my ''60's era Mustangs. my '77 Ford p/u and now this R/T. Just first time same side, except for my original 3" cut-out w/23" custom dump. None of my pix are small enuff to post... so that's out.

·
0 Posts
99kodart

i have it on mine and it sounds and looks good, im selling it if ur interesed, i has 40 series flowmaster on there in good cond. with a stainless steal tip. i paid $250 for it but ill take less

1 - 15 of 15 Posts