Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was was thinking about putting exhaust on my 02 dakota R/T. I want loud, I don't drive it many miles so the noise isn't a big deal to me, I just don't wnat it rattling things in the cab. I was thinking about getting a magnaflow or a spintech and dumping it right after teh muffle with a turn down. I am open to other muffler brands if anyone has any ideas. My main question is back pressure. Would it be alright if I did a SI/DO with turn downs or should I do a SI/SO. My reasoning for doing this is if it is to loud I could just run longer pipes over the rear axle and make it a little quieter and legal.
thanks

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Well I had a 1 in 2 out glass pack on my 5.2, dumped with turndowns right after the muffler, and it sounded pretty good, the turndowns make it really deep and it sounds good. Then I went to flowmster 40 delta, with the same turndown setup and it sounds much better. I think on your truck a flowmaster super 40 dumped right after the muffler would sound awesome. Itd be very low and rumbly (lack of better word) and at WOT it would f***** scream. But Magnaflow and spintech are both very good mufflers also, lots of guys on here have those setups. Oh an the back pressure thing, I lost alot with my glasspack cuz it was straight through, but the baffles in the flowmaster helped and I can feel it has more bottom end now. You probably will lose some bottom end though if you dump it, the last stretch of pipe after the muffler be it stock side exit or whatever, lets you keep the bottom end. I just like the look of no pipes and people wonder when you go by what kind of exhaust you have. But whatever you choose will sound good with the 5.9, I havent heard exhaust on an r/t I didnt like so far :biggthump

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
hehe.... you want loud, grab a Spintech, one of there SuperStreet series or mild race mufflers, and run it dumped. i love my GSM Tru duals... (Made by Spintech)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any ideas how bad it will effect my backpressure. single 3" in/ dual 2.5" or 2.25" out? any ideas?
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts