Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called some Muffler shops today, and have decided on my system. It's a totally custom system from the cat back. All the pipes are being bent on site, through a magnaflow single in dual out, with the tipes coming out behind the rear tires, with a single large almost squared oval tip.
It's going to be nice, on this site there's not much said about the magna flow muffler but it's still a quality product. Can't wait to get it done and post some pics.

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
Magnaflows are well regarded with the Ram guys. People seem to like the Flowmasters the most on Daks, I think because they are loud. Not my taste. I am probably going to pick up a Borla. Tests seem to indicate it is one of the quieter mufflers, yet is in the top 3 in HP/torque gains.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
can't wait to see the pics

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good move. Having it done at the local shop takes away all of the mystery. A lot of the custom systems being sold over the net and mail order end up having to be modified to fit and in a lot of cases arrive with missing parts.

Having it done locally in my opinion is the best way. You end up with longer runs of pipe with less clamps or no clamps and you can pick and choose your muffler and when its all over you will end up paying a lot less for the system.

I would opt for a S/S system with a Gibson muffler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts