Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of a title a mile long I will just tell you my problem and hope someone can help me out. I just installed a Legacy 1000 watt amp and 2 Legacy 12's in my 02 R/T Durango. I have the factory HU and would like to keep it. I taped in on the rear door spreaker with a line level converter. My problem is that when I crank past half volume the factory amp (or is it the HU) cuts the power back to keep from blowing the factory speakers (factory's are blown anyway). Can I tap in behind the HU before the amp and eliminate this problem? Or is there another way I can fix this? :bow: Thanks,Mike

·
Registered
667 Posts
so you keep turning it up and it doesn't get any more power, or is it just not getting loud enough? If it just stops getting louder, try to mess with the gain a little, see if anything happens.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gain is turned all the way up. What happens is that say at the begining of a song where there is no bass the stock speakers are loud but when the first bass note hits it hits hard then turns itself down to protect the factory speakers. Is the factory HU doing this oris it the factory amp? :huh:

·
Registered
667 Posts
This is why I always get rid of stock amps and stock HU's. This way, you know how everthing is hooked up and don't gotta mess around at all. btw, that amp at full gain is a very bad thing, any amp actually. I'm sure the signal is clipped and everything sounds like poo poo. You should just get a new HU and do it the right way. Also, it might be cuz of just the amp and subs you're using, Legacy isn't the most reputable brand out there. I'd fix that problem first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts