Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0876 Trans Fluid Press Sens/Switch D Circ Range/Perf

I have been looking online for a few days and I can't seem to find anything conclusive. Can anyone help me out?

I was driving home from work which is about 3 miles away and it was shifting from 2nd to 3rd and then made a thunk and appeared as if it downshifted. Now when I came to a stop and started to go it was almost like my truck was starting in second gear and I had to put the pedal down to about 3/4 in order to get it moving.

I'm not sure whats going on and its bugging me. Has anyone else had this issue before?

My truck is a 2002 Durango SLT with the 4.7l motor. I checked tranny fluid and its within its spec and I haven't done anything with the motor except for an intake and exhaust.

Someone help!!! :huh:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dwight,

Do you know what the part would be off hand?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Yes, you are in limp mode.

Try clearing the code and drive around some...might have been a fluke.

FYI - When it does go into limp mode, all you get is reverse, 3rd and 2nd. If you leave the shifter in D, it will stay in 3rd gear, even from a dead stop. Drop the lever to 2nd so you aren't working the trans so hard taking off in 3rd.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I have been doing driving it in 2 to ease up on it. I cleared it and it came back. I had this happen once before and then it went away and the check light went off so I figured that it was a fluke. This is a re-peat so i'm not so convinced its a fluke this time.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts