Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you get an eraser wheel that looks like this(will get brand tomorrow after work) dont listen to what it says when it tells u not to exceed this point....i had a whole like 3/4 inch left till i got to the metal disc inside. i used a knife to cut it to see exactly hopw far i had left. talk about bullshit. i could have finished the last 2 strips of 3m tape i had on my truck:rant:

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
astro pneumatic tool co. fuck them.

·
5.2-Toned SLT
1,699 Posts
from the ink, it looks like you could have used it until those letters were gone. As in, once the stamp is no longer seen, quit using it. Or did the stamp have and arrow -> ?

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IT HAD A ARROW. pisses me the fuck off. waste oe 15 dollars. u used like half of it.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
just a guess...they would rather you throw away unused eraser wheel with a huge margin of safety, instead of pay you to repaint your truck because they said "yea, use it right up to the limit" and you ended up scratching the fuck out of your truck.

just a guess. feel free to use it beyond the safe limit they gave you, but once you're beyond the safe limit they set, you're at your own risk.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
just a guess...they would rather you throw away unused eraser wheel with a huge margin of safety, instead of pay you to repaint your truck because they said "yea, use it right up to the limit" and you ended up scratching the fuck out of your truck.

just a guess. feel free to use it beyond the safe limit they gave you, but once you're beyond the safe limit they set, you're at your own risk.
oh man - that would suck - it would be like running an angle grinder down your paint........

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeh but if they know that its so far away atleast give u another half inch. u know?

·
Armed and Dangerous
2,475 Posts
Probably because they break apart when there gets to be little left :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
where do you get them? I found em on amazon, but the shipping cost is rediculous.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got mine at kline tools. they r at like specialty tool stores.

·
234 RWHP and 296 RWTQ!
1,632 Posts
That's Funny as I work for NAPA and we stock those wheels.....

The wheels can break apart un-expectedly as they wear past the throw away point.......

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wtf. why dont mine stock them then?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hmm now that you mention the specialty stores...I have a Smyth paint center near by(right next to the smyth automotive lol), I'd bet they have em.

B

·
0 Posts
These things are great for removing pinstriping, decals, stickers and even the cracked black vinyl strip at the door of a CC. Work like a charm. :mullet:

FWIW, my local NAPA carry's them also. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts