Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tossing round the idea of making offroad accesories for dakotas and durangos. for now it would mainly be bumpers, sliders, maybe a bolt-on shackle flip, etc. i might consider making a sas kit once i get mine done and the interest is there. im wondering if the interest is there to make this worth my while. im located in south central pa which is why i posted this here. let me know what you all think?

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
I would like to see what you come up with. Do you have connections to shipping? What about a West coast partner? So you can get more bussiness?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shipping is going to be my biggest concern. right off the bat i can get stuff shipped just about anywhere east of the mississippi. If i get enough orders from the west coast i can see bout working something out. ill have to build that bridge when i get to it.

·
*********.COM
1,259 Posts
x2. How about a front bumper thats a cross between a Hanson and Kensaw Mtn. unit?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats cool. So what is your first project?
im working on a couple ideas for a matching set of bumpers. its not going to be fancy but it will be durable. Ive already built a set of them for my buddys 2nd gen dakota. im just trying to figure out how to work with the new dakotas and durangos. Then i might try to tackle a winch bumper.:mullet:

·
Registered
653 Posts
im working on a couple ideas for a matching set of bumpers. its not going to be fancy but it will be durable. Ive already built a set of them for my buddys 2nd gen dakota. im just trying to figure out how to work with the new dakotas and durangos. Then i might try to tackle a winch bumper.:mullet:
Sounds good, may have to make a meet for some R&D. Sliders are booming and to jump on that bandwagon would be your biggest income. Tossing a wincher style in wont be that hard with little adjustment from the norm. Around me in upstate ny i noticed alot of people are wanting to purchase roof racks/bar style brake light protectors/rear bumper with tire carrier/skid plates. Also without going too far from orig design the jeep guys would eat up a chance to get local hardware. The sas portion would be tough, there are too many differences that come into play- But if you were to get stuff dak/dur specific like mounts/front bar mount/specific brake lines/VSS sytem/etc that would be golden. I'd say stay away from the bumper market for new durango's, the new style just doesnt go well with offroad bumpers and not many owners look into purchasing.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have one bumper set planed out and it will have winch opinion. my main problem is i dont have access to a tubing bender or else id be up for making sliders right off the bat. i should have the money the buy the steel in the next couple weeks then ill get pics up and you guys can tell me what you think.

duranged-if your interested im sure we can work out a weekend to do some R&D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Truth be told, I want something like this. A nice Tube style front bumper. ANd maybe a rear tube bumper to match. I think it would look nice.

Attachments

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
id be down for a way to lift the front of a 00 and up with still having the ifs set up! something more than 3 in torsion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts