Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. My D is stranded in the parking lot at work, please :help:

Here's my problem:

The engine kicks over, but after about a second it dies. I can get it started and if i give it gas it will keep turning over (if i keep the rpm above 1200 or so), but as soon as i let off the accelerator it just quits. Any ideas as to what is wrong? I noticed about two days ago that there was a bit of a delay between when i turned the key over, and when the starter kicked in. Not much, just a half a second or so, but it was never there before. My experience with working on trucks is minimal so i probably won't be able to fix this myself, but it would be great to have an idea of whats up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and thanks.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Sounds like something is wrong with the fuel delivery, possibly the filter? Someone will chime in on this you can count on that!

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
had something like that just happen to me. i had the truck parked for the winter. when i started it the battery was almost dead. there wasn't enough juice to keep it running at idle. after about 15 min. of keeping it revved up it finally idled on it's own. hows your battery? just my 2 cents worth, hope this helps.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actualy that makes a lot of sense guys. Thanks for your imput, and I will be sure to check that out. The dealership i bought it through has a 3K waranty on drive train, so I had the dealership pick it up because it is still under the waranty. If they say it's just that I won't be supprised. Here's hoping :biggthump

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
had that prob last summer or so. factory batt fianally died. replace it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys hit the nail on the head. It was the battery, it crapped out on me. Got it replaced, and it starts like a dream.

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
you're welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts