Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need anyones help on this.
My Durango r/t has an engine pinging noise that only occurs during acceleration and only between 2000-2500 rpms.
I changed my plugs to bosch platinum +4 and redid my wires.
I only use premium gas.
I have tried several times fuel injector cleaner.With out help.
This is really pissing me off :rant:
Help please!!!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
bamboo was have'n the same problems. He did the IAT relocate to the CAI tube and it fixed the problem. check out the tips and tricks section

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
00'Durangor/t said:
My Durango r/t has an engine pinging noise that only occurs during acceleration and only between 2000-2500 rpms.
I only use premium gas.
Help please!!!
Check for a blown plenum gasket as well. If it is blown it will result in pinging. My truck pinged from day one, but only at higher rpms under load. Never really dissapeared until I put the M1 and Mopar PCM on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
00'Durangor/t said:
I only use premium gas.
Help please!!!

Like others have said, check for a blown belly pan. Open up the TB blades and look down in there with a flash light. If you see oil in there, good chance it is blown.

Also, My truck did not like the Bosch plantinum plugs. It idled rough, and threw check engine lights. I have heard that most of the dodge and chrysler products don't like the platinum tipped plugs. Mine runs and idles best with the cheap autolites. Not sure if that is your problem, but throwing out my experience on it.

Shawn

·
It's not my fault!
555 Posts
Blowndakrt said:
Like others have said, check for a blown belly pan. Open up the TB blades and look down in there with a flash light. If you see oil in there, good chance it is blown.

Also, My truck did not like the Bosch plantinum plugs. It idled rough, and threw check engine lights. I have heard that most of the dodge and chrysler products don't like the platinum tipped plugs. Mine runs and idles best with the cheap autolites. Not sure if that is your problem, but throwing out my experience on it.

Shawn
Bosch platinums were the first plugs I put in my 92. Ran good for about a week. Used Champion for several years because I had a big box of them. Went to Autolite 3923 for this last change. Will give the NGKs a shot next (had to order some with my O2 sensor in order to use a coupon). I think there is still a rebate going on for the Autolites as well - .30/plug.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is theIATand the CAItube??

rockadaous said:
bamboo was have'n the same problems. He did the IAT relocate to the CAI tube and it fixed the problem. check out the tips and tricks section
Don't know what the IAT and the CAI tube is but if it helps I'll try it :rolleyes: Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts