Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 dakota 4.7 2wd auto. My harness is toast. I recently got a harness out of an 03 of the same specs. Will it work? Will I have to do any modifications. Should I just go and get one out of the same year?
It was a mistake in the first place, got side tracked pulling parts from the 03 and back to the 2000 then started on the harness, once I got done I realized it was from the 03 not the 2000 right next to it like a dumba$$. Don't judge me

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
340 Posts
Save yourself a lot of hair pulling and get the right harness.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
340 Posts
After 2000 the internal serial bus changed formats. I'm pretty sure you'd have to swap not only the harness, but all your other electronics as well. Much safer route to just get the right harness. What was wrong with your original harness?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After 2000 the internal serial bus changed formats. I'm pretty sure you'd have to swap not only the harness, but all your other electronics as well. Much safer route to just get the right harness. What was wrong with your original harness?
Ok thank you. It's fried, burnt wires from the previous guy swapping trans...didn't run it correctly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you. It's fried, burnt wires from the previous guy swapping trans...didn't run it correctly

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2000 dakota 4.7 2wd auto. My harness is toast. I recently got a harness out of an 03 of the same specs. Will it work? Will I have to do any modifications. Should I just go and get one out of the same year?
It was a mistake in the first place, got side tracked pulling parts from the 03 and back to the 2000 then started on the harness, once I got done I realized it was from the 03 not the 2000 right next to it like a dumba$$. Don't judge me
$hnitt happens no judges here. we've all got our own wires crossed at one time or two or another

·
Registered
76 Posts
There were production date splits right around 02/03. I second just getting the exact right harness. It might work but no need to gamble all that labor on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts