Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a mopar m1 single plane intake manifold and once i started it up it kinda ran rough, and my engine light went on right away. i checked the codes and i got the p0351 which is because of my msd ignition which im fixin, but i got p0118 which is (Engine Coolant Temperature sensor circuit, high output). and my engine only stays on 130 degrees. does anyone know wat this means and how to fix it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see i think my mistake was havin someone help me who likes to hack his projects, and i saw him drop the stat in but i didnt even check to see if it was upside down. ill check that tho, thanx.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i checked the stat. i even replaced it with a 180 stat just incase it got damaged and its still doin it. i also realized its overcooling. once i start the engine the electrical fan starts right up which shoudnt until ive reached 210 degrees. im guessin i damaged the engine coolant temp. sending unit in the intake manifold behind the altenator durin installation. could that be it? and if so can i just buy one of those at a parts store?

·
2000 6.7 R/T
371 Posts
Its VERY easy to damage the plug end on that sensor if your not careful taking it out. Go to the dealer and spend the couple bucks on a newone. After you put it in, reset your comp and you should be good to go :biggthump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts