Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I went up to my local Schucks and had them check my OBD II, cause my check engine light came on. We got a code back of "P1740 TCC" or "O/D Solenoid Performance". What would be the fix to that if anyone knows? Here is what the whole thing said:

"The on-board computer uses solenoids to actuate systems within the engine and transmission. If the computer does not get the appropriate feedback after actuating a solenoid, a trouble code will be recorded.

The torque converter clutch is a mechanism inside automatic transmissions that allow the transmission to more efficiently transfer the engine power to the drive wheels. The torque converter clutch may only be engaged during cruise and not at idle, or acceleration. If the on-board computer is having a problem engaging or disengaging the torque converter clutch, it will record a trouble code.

The presence of a trouble code in the on-board computer signifies that a value has fallen out of a specified range. There are many reasons for trouble codes. A bad sensor, solenoid, or actuator can cause a trouble code directly, or an incorrect value of another sensor can trigger a trouble code related to that system. If the wiring on a system is not connected properly a trouble code will also be recorded. Repair procedures should be followed according to the manufacturer's specifications found in the service manual for the vehicle."

So can someone explain this problem to me in english???? Please Help ASAP!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats funny....I got the same response at Dakotausa from someone who has the same avatar as you and same signature........WEIRD!!!!

Thanks for the help again man!!

B

·
0 Posts
There is a tsb on the transmission in certain dak and durgos. My truck needs the tsb done. It throws that code every few monnths or so so I reset the pcm and keep going. I will fix it when I get a chance. It involves 00 and 01 trucks. here is a link..

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2000/21-11-00.htm

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
nigolbipples said:
Thats funny....I got the same response at Dakotausa from someone who has the same avatar as you and same signature........WEIRD!!!!

Thanks for the help again man!!

Yeah wonder who that could be ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLACK01RTCC said:
There is a tsb on the transmission in certain dak and durgos. My truck needs the tsb done. It throws that code every few monnths or so so I reset the pcm and keep going. I will fix it when I get a chance. It involves 00 and 01 trucks. here is a link..

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2000/21-11-00.htm
Dude...thanks for the excellent info. The next thing I need to figure out is if I have the 46RE Transmission. How can I tell what transmission I have? I have a 2000 5.9 liter 4x4 with a 4 speed automatic...if that helps anyone tell me what type of tranny I have.

Thanks for the help again guys! :biggthump

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys...I went and ordered me up a new TPS. I know it probably will be something other then that, but before the check engine light came on...I have been having problems with the RPM's surging while driving and hesitation when giving it gas...which are partly signs of the TPS. So, I have to wait 8 days to get my new TPS and then see from there. I also called Dodge and asked them how much the Pressure Boost Valve Cover Plate is and it was only $4.80 and the Trans Pan Gasket was $18. So, I will try those ones after I find out that my TPS is not the problem.

Does anyone know how to do the Pressure Boost Valve Cover Plate?

Also, anyone know yet what transmission I have? 2000 5.9 4x4 4 speed automatic.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright...the check engine light is off now...I don't know why...I didn't fix anything, but it's off. I still have hesitation problems and my RPM's still surge. Anyone know whats going on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts