Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
All of the 5.9L engines are rated at 250hp/345tq at the crank except for the standard 5.9L engine in the Durango, it was quoted at 245hp. Expect to lose about 18-24% off of those figures at the wheels because of drivetrain loss depending on your configuration (2WD vs 4WD/etc.)

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
The PCM is diff for the R/t. But still not the Performance PCM.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:
A 360 is a 360... That fancy R/T name does absolutly nothing for it.
Yup - the R/T package was primarily cosmetic in nature - 1" suspension drop, 17" rims/tires, color-keyed bumpers, etc. Daimler-Chrysler is really bad at doing that with a lot of their vehicles - put a flashy cosmetic package on an otherwise humdrum vehicle and promote it as a special run. They're going crazy with the Ram and Magnum packages these days - GTX, Daytona, Rumble Bee, Charger, etc. - same shit, different packaging.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've always wondered why people advertise an R/T throttle body or cam for sale. I guess it makes people think that they are getting something really special.

·
Registered
89 Posts
From what I read ... aside from cosemetic enhancements ... on the Durango for example, the R/T came with a Dynomax muffler ? As for the regular 5.9L, it was just a regular out of the dealer muffler .... am I mistaken ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
They did not drop the ball ... it was all planned ahead of time ... big engines with high performance parts sitting on the shelf WAITING TO BE BOUGHT !!!

It'$ kinda $mart when you think about it ... wouldn't you do the $ame if you were Daimler ??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.