Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was noticing this past week that there was something weird with my power doorlocks and the dome light. If i open the door and flip the switch to unlock all doors, nothing happens...yet if i insert the key and turn the ignition to on, the power locks work fine. Also with no key in the ignition, the dome light flickers but once again, stabilizes and acts normal if the key is in. My keyless entry remote does not work either. Any ideas? I was thinking a weak electrical connection somewhere since it appears there's insufficient power going to the doors and other stuff with the key out. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

G

·
Strange....Go to reviewjournal.com and read the article in todays paper about the wierd door lock issue that was going on in Vegas yesterday. My wife had the same problem as you, in her Olds Van.....

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link....and dang that is really strange indeed but i dunno if that's the cause since im down in socal...lol it is pretty rainy now though, and weather has been somewhat out of the norm. However right now i went to try the lock, and it works! miraculous, however if i open the glove compartment, the dome light flickers again...so i guess it's barely getting enough current to sustain anything, so if anything out of the norm draws any extra, the system goes haywire. To get it back to working again like normal i turn the key in the keyhole aft instead of to the front of the truck, and it seems to do the trick. Oh well, every vehicle i have owned seemed to have something weird happen, guess this is no different. :p

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn ok now this sucks, the problem didn't go away as i had thought, but now im convinced it's electrical, as i hear this rapid "tick tick tick tick" noise from each bulb in the headlamp while they plugged it. The headlamps wont come on without any key in the ignition turned to on. The high beam will work but it flickers too....cmon anyone know what's going on? This is pretty frustrating for such a new vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.