Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dakota for Life!
2,489 Posts
Any particular brand of fan in question?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I believe that there are a couple of different wiring diagrams for installing your electric fan motor to your thermostat depending on the mode and manufacture.

I think that there is also a wiring kit by flex-a-lite that simply has a probe that you stick inbetween the fins in your radiator to monitor the coolant temp in order to start/stop your electric fan.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no. not a specific kit. fans are off of a sentra. just trying to get some idea of how to hook up a/c controls nd stuff like that.
thanks.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
You need some relays and a Diode... It's not horridle complicated... But for a dumbass like me, BUY A KIT! It's only like $40 for the controler with A/C relay from Flex-a-lite... And their directions are EASY, plug everything in... Done

I am about to install my 2 12"s (shrouded unit) I think I am going to put on with the A/C and the other with a temp sender... Not sure if I want them both on to cool the truck normally... Guess time will tell...

I got a really nice Temp sender deal, but the actual sensor is 3/8" NPT which is HUGE, everything on the motor is like 1/8" or 1/4" at most... So I think I am going to make a custom "upper hose" that has a 3/8" NPT bung in it... Could look trick, guess we'll see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts