Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys that have an EGR M-1 intake notice that the plugs that come with the install kit are hard to screw down. Mine only go about half way down and then they become too tight. Same with the by pass hose nipple. Is it ok to have them not threaded all the way?

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
as long as you dont have any vac leaks, should be OK, prolly a casting flaw. maybe chase them with a pipe thread die and see if they clean up a little. use teflon tape or some other type of thread sealer just in case.

as another idea, get a diff set of plugs and see if they do the same thing. you can always return them if they do/dont.

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have an EGR version? I want to hear from people who had an EGR version to see if they had the same issues.

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
dakrt2000 said:
Did you have an EGR version? I want to hear from people who had an EGR version to see if they had the same issues.

no, i havethe non EGR... yoube be better off hitting up the R/T club guys on Delphi boards for the EGR one.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
If it is PIPE threat... it's tapered, it's supposed to get tight. That's how it seals! Teflon tape would be a good idea, since it seals little surface imperfections, but liquid teflon is way cooler / easier to use!

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
If it is PIPE threat... it's tapered, it's supposed to get tight. That's how it seals! Teflon tape would be a good idea, since it seals little surface imperfections, but liquid teflon is way cooler / easier to use!

ditto to what he said.. and i have the egr type intake too. he is right about how the plugs works on the manifold. :biggthump

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
realdeal7369 said:
ditto to what he said.. and i have the egr type intake too. he is right about how the plugs works on the manifold. :biggthump
Durh! I wouldn't say it if it wasn't right! LMAO Sorry Had To

I LOVE :spam:​

·
2000 6.7 R/T
371 Posts
dakrt2000 said:
Any of you guys that have an EGR M-1 intake notice that the plugs that come with the install kit are hard to screw down. Mine only go about half way down and then they become too tight. Same with the by pass hose nipple. Is it ok to have them not threaded all the way?
Yea thats how they go. They dont have to go down all the way. Just put teflon tape on then, screw down as tight as you can and your set

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
Durh! I wouldn't say it if it wasn't right! LMAO Sorry Had To

I LOVE :spam:​

hey just adding my $.02........ figured the more people agrred to what you said, the more it would seem to hold true...... dont have a cow dude.. :biggthump :sorry:

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
realdeal7369 said:
hey just adding my $.02........ figured the more people agrred to what you said, the more it would seem to hold true...... dont have a cow dude.. :biggthump :sorry:
guess your going to give brandon a talking to huh... he said the same thing too...(basically).... :cussing: :eek:wned:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts