Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
drag that shit
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im trying to control the stock efan on my 04 4.7 with a switch. Im trying to tie into the stock relay but i cant seem to make it activate. I use the same realys on my air compressors on the 2000 and all you have to do is active the remote lead and it turns on. I tried the remote lead by itself then the the start trigger with it and still nothing. Also put 4different relays in there trying to make it work but mnothing. Id realy like to not have to wire up another relay under the hood just to power it. Anybody ever done this before and know how to force the efan relay to work?

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,225 Posts
Is it possible the stock wiring completes the ground to run the fan.

·
drag that shit
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats how im testing it, i just have jumpers wedged in the socket with the relay stuck back in place

·
drag that shit
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright got it figured out with the help of a friend. the pcm trigger was the ground out so i have to do is wire up a dead switch and il be good to go

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Why do you want a manual switch for the fan? And yes, it's a switched ground. IIRC from when I did mine, it's a blue wire with a pink tracer in the PDC that you need to tap into to trigger the rely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts