Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've still got a few more things to check out but its looking more and more like i need to replace my ecm. the truck is a stock 2000 durango r/t. do i have to get a special ecm do to the factory tuning causing it to have to run on premium? id like to get a normal one if i can but even the mopar ones arent compatible with my truck.

reason i might need to change it is be cause of a "NO BUS" code. tested the battery and alternator with both passing. is there a way to test the voltage regulator in the ecm to see if its going out? i found some at napaonline.com but i dont know if they are compatible.

thanks
mike

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
You have to get your year/engine/4x4 You can use a standard SLT pcm. That will run on regular. It will be tough finding the R/T PCM. The R/T PCM is not any big deal. I'd go with the SLT. There are a lot of places that sell remanufactured PCMs.

The most important thing is DO YOU HAVE THE FACTORY ALARM?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks neil,

i do have the factory alarm. does that have to be reconfigured to work with the new pcm? im assuming it does. i found one on ebay for a 2000 r/t, same numbers on the tage and everything. im just leary of not working properly even though the guys has sold numerous pcms with positive feedback.

mike

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Only if you did not have the alarm would you need to get a PCM from another truck that did not have the alarm. In your case, it does not matter if the previous truck did or did not have the alarm. Nothing needs to be done. You do not have to set anything including the VIN. It should be plug and play

1 - 5 of 5 Posts