Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with these, im wanting to put some on my 5.2, but dont want to spend that mount of money on edelbrock, spintech or any of those. All the ones one ebay are like $150 and come with a 1 year warrenty

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with these, im wanting to put some on my 5.2, but dont want to spend that mount of money on edelbrock, spintech or any of those. All the ones one ebay are like $150 and come with a 1 year warrenty
My experience's have been is that you get exactly what you pay for mostly ...outside of maybe Wal-Mart :huh:

·
Registered
700 Posts
You may try and powder coat them it may make them better then they come from japan. I can imagine 15 little 12 year old Japanese kids with a welder and a tubing bender.. Anyhow if they are cheap PCing them may make them last longer.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well these are a brand called ssautochrome, and i purchased an intercooler for my 450hp eclipse, and the intercooler is holding up great. Just wondering if anybody has tried or heard anything about the headers

·
Registered
583 Posts
i would say dont waste your money, save up a little more and just buy some good headers.......just like some others have said, you get what you pay for......

·
Registered
48 Posts
one seller on ebay sells the stainless ones and they are not to bad at all i bought them for my 1999 dodge 1500 5.2and i put them up to the summit racing brand which i bought to compare side by side and all the bends were exzactly the same and the flange was the same thickness needless to say i returned the summit ones!the only problem that i have with them is that they turned blue and kinda brownish color but still no rust at all on them!!!! just like others are saying with the gaskets i just pitched mine and used a felpro set.

·
just not dark enough
303 Posts
well these are a brand called ssautochrome, and i purchased an intercooler for my 450hp eclipse, and the intercooler is holding up great. Just wondering if anybody has tried or heard anything about the headers
do not buy them
when i first got my truck and seen these on ebay i bought a pair for one they didnt even fit and the flange bolt hole was i think right above or below the a arm bolt either way no way of getting any bolt through it

i dont know maybe other people have different experiences but that was just mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts