With HO Cams:
HP [email protected]
TQ [email protected]
Previous Dyno before HO Cams:
HP [email protected]
TQ [email protected]
Peak gains are: 11.4HP and 26.4TQ.
Averaged gains between 3200rpm to 4700rpm are: 13.59HP and 28.63TQ
However when comparing the two charts at 3400rpm, the HO cams were making 26.3HP and 40.7TQ more at that particular rpm. Very noticable difference in the graphs also. I'm real pleased with the results, I'm just not sure if I want the HO Intake though.
Hope this helps someone if you are trying to decide if you should get the cams or not.

Later...

G

·
Which cams? Where from? And how much? Thanks. Been thinking about it and if the gains are that much then I'm all for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SSRage;
Mopar HO cams. I have a friend at the local dealership who got them for me with his discount, $103.00 ea I think. Some people have installed the cams themselfs but I paid someone to install mine. He was another Dodge Tech and it only took him a couple of hours to do the job. Makes a difference when you know what your doing and you have all the right tools.
Hope this helps...

G

·
So could you notice a difference? Where do you feel the gain was the most at? I want some more grunt on the bottom end personally. I want to change out my rear to 3.92's but just don't have the dough. I really need to just sell the truck but I can't seem to part with it either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the Fastman true 68 mm TB is. I would not spend the money on an F&B TB.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want to put the HO cams in my truck also, but im not sure if I want to get the HO intake manifold. My main concern is that, with the manifold, it might sacrifice some low end power for high end power. I dont want to lose any low end torque by switching the manifolds. Cuz i want low and midrange power. Can anybody elaborate on this for me, The main thing i wanna know is where the manifold will make the most difference, high end or low end? Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SoLoudItHrtz;
My understanding is the HO intake manifold simply moves the power band up to the higher rpm's. Which that might be great for the 5spd guys, but my auto is not going to shift at 6000 rpm unless I do it manually.
I'm not going to get the HO intake because I like the power in the lower rpm range. I guess it is just personel preference at this point.
Hope this helps you out...

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks for the help. I want low and midrange power so the intake wont do me much good then. Maybe later on down the road after ive done a few more mods. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts