Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put 22" rims with 305/45/22 tires on my 2003 Durango RT.

I love the look of the higher profile (45). Gives it more of a sport ute look. But the inside front wheel well is a little small when fully turning the wheel. There is a little rubbing on the plastic inside wheel well. Anyone know of any mods that have been donoe to stretch the wheel well to provide more clearance?

Another option would be if anyone knows of a 285/40/22 all season radial? And whether that would fit in the stock wheel well without rubbing when turningh full

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/index.jsp

you can put any tire size in there you want and it will come up with tires they carry in that size. I'm wondering EXACT same thing that you are, basically how big of tire we can go with in a 22 inch rim, although mine is not a RT it's a SLT plus.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some measuring with a 305/45/22 tire on a set of 22" rims. As mentioned there is rubbing on my front inside wheel wells when turning a full radius. The rubbing is on the far inside back corner of the well. I am thinking I could have that part cut out which would provide the clearance.

Feed back on any potential issues/ concerns by doing this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Just cut some of the plastic where it is rubbing. No big deal. No one will notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts