Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
I know nothing
790 Posts
I think you got that backwards, the Trialblazers weigh a little more then the Durango so if anything the Durango should take it off the start, especially since the 5.2 has more down low grunt then the I6 does. After that the (I'm guessing) better areo of the Trailblazer and the fact that it has 40 more hp will take over. Just race him and find out!
i agree.....i have a 2003 trailblazer 2wd with the I6. It is very quick from a roll, kinda sluggish from a dead stop till it hits about 3k rpms, then it screams, doesnt shift till around 6k, so it stays up in the powerband quite well. I raced a buddy of mine in a 04 quad cab 2wd hemi ram, and i was expecting him to beat me badly. From a dead stop, he pulled on me a little bit up to about 60 where we let off. From a 70mph roll, i pulled on him up to 100 when we let off, so it just depends.

All in all though its a damn quick truck, lots quicker than i expected when we bought it. Go race him and find out

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.