Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a durango 5.2 and i know a guy who has a 2003+ style trailblazer with the inline 6 cylinder, i could tell cause he has a trush muffler, i looked it up and they have 40-45 more hp but 25 less ft lbs of trq and i'm not sure how much they weigh, and lets say we are both driving alone and no equipment in the back, who do you think would win in a race, from a dead stop and from a highway roll like a 50 roll ??

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
i have a durango 5.2 and i know a guy who has a 2003+ style trailblazer with the inline 6 cylinder, i could tell cause he has a trush muffler, i looked it up and they have 40-45 more hp but 25 less ft lbs of trq and i'm not sure how much they weigh, and lets say we are both driving alone and no equipment in the back, who do you think would win in a race, from a dead stop and from a highway roll like a 50 roll ??
I think the trailblazer might get you...They are pretty quick and 5.2s are dogs

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
yah, my sister has a trailblazer... that thing is quick for a 6cyl.
very high shift points, sounds like its gonna blow up lol.

i think it will woooop the durango lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's too bad, looks like i'm gonna need to get some mods on then, k&n fpik, plugs, msd super conductor wires, and superchips programmer, that might help.

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Yeah those I-6 powered Trailblazers are pretty quick. A local PD here has 5 in their fleet. They are quicker to 90 than a crown vic but above that aerodynamics take over.

Course aerodynamics didn't mean crap with the Trailblazer SS that I had. LS2 Corvette power. Would bounce off the 135mph limiter..... God I miss that ride..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^yeah the tb ss are sweet, but i think i would rather have the srt8 grand cherokee, eaither one would be wicked sweet, and i would have to supercharge it.

·
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
6,051 Posts
from a dead stop, im thinking th trailblaizer, but from a roll im thinking durango. weight is an issue from a dead stop, but from a roll its alot less

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
from a dead stop, im thinking th trailblaizer, but from a roll im thinking durango. weight is an issue from a dead stop, but from a roll its alot less
I think you got that backwards, the Trialblazers weigh a little more then the Durango so if anything the Durango should take it off the start, especially since the 5.2 has more down low grunt then the I6 does. After that the (I'm guessing) better areo of the Trailblazer and the fact that it has 40 more hp will take over. Just race him and find out! You got nothing to lose, except maybe a ticket if your not smart about where you race.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think you got that backwards, the Trialblazers weigh a little more then the Durango so if anything the Durango should take it off the start, especially since the 5.2 has more down low grunt then the I6 does. After that the (I'm guessing) better areo of the Trailblazer and the fact that it has 40 more hp will take over. Just race him and find out! You got nothing to lose, except maybe a ticket if your not smart about where you race.
You are wrong there buddy. He could potentially loose his life if he looses control and hits a tree or a light post. And what if he hits someone walking down the street. Keep your racing at the track.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
You are wrong there buddy. He could potentially loose his life if he looses control and hits a tree or a light post. And what if he hits someone walking down the street. Keep your racing at the track.
These arn't exactly high horsepower high speed races here, and don't tell me you have never raced someone off a stop light or went over the speed limit in your life.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not saying that I have not. I have. Until I was racing someone one night doing 90+ in a 25. After the race I was reflecting on it and realized that when you are in the heat of the race you only focus on things far down the road and not that cross walk or intersection that is 100 yards away. I would have never seen the car that decided to pull out infront of me or the woman crossing the crosswalk. I choose not to race on the street. You go ahead and do what you want hopefully nothing happens and maybe someday when you grow up you to will realize how dangerous racing on the street is.

·
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
6,051 Posts
well i really dont know... raced a mustang one time.. from probably a 65+ roll. and raced a dak r/t kept up with him for a bit... beat some other bmw's, hondas, an s10 and some other vehicles at the strip..... GL tho

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Not saying that I have not. I have. Until I was racing someone one night doing 90+ in a 25. After the race I was reflecting on it and realized that when you are in the heat of the race you only focus on things far down the road and not that cross walk or intersection that is 100 yards away. I would have never seen the car that decided to pull out infront of me or the woman crossing the crosswalk. I choose not to race on the street. You go ahead and do what you want hopefully nothing happens and maybe someday when you grow up you to will realize how dangerous racing on the street is.
Doing 90+ in a 25 zone is stupid. IDK about where you are at but where I'm at there are TONS of country roads with no traffic/houses/anything to worry about. And the freeways around here are usually empty aswell. Yes racing in town is stupid but that wasn't what I was talking about.

·
I know nothing
1,247 Posts
I think you got that backwards, the Trialblazers weigh a little more then the Durango so if anything the Durango should take it off the start, especially since the 5.2 has more down low grunt then the I6 does. After that the (I'm guessing) better areo of the Trailblazer and the fact that it has 40 more hp will take over. Just race him and find out!
i agree.....i have a 2003 trailblazer 2wd with the I6. It is very quick from a roll, kinda sluggish from a dead stop till it hits about 3k rpms, then it screams, doesnt shift till around 6k, so it stays up in the powerband quite well. I raced a buddy of mine in a 04 quad cab 2wd hemi ram, and i was expecting him to beat me badly. From a dead stop, he pulled on me a little bit up to about 60 where we let off. From a 70mph roll, i pulled on him up to 100 when we let off, so it just depends.

All in all though its a damn quick truck, lots quicker than i expected when we bought it. Go race him and find out

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Yeah those I-6 powered Trailblazers are pretty quick. A local PD here has 5 in their fleet. They are quicker to 90 than a crown vic but above that aerodynamics take over.

Course aerodynamics didn't mean crap with the Trailblazer SS that I had. LS2 Corvette power. Would bounce off the 135mph limiter..... God I miss that ride..
Haha same here...had an 06' AWD. It bounced off the 135mph limiter easy. Too bad the interior squeaked like shit everywhere and had poor bump steer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts