Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and found some info on the control arm bushings that have caused squeaking problems for some. But, the symptoms of my 01 Durango 4x4 are odd. It squeaks when hitting a bump and it only does it when turning RIGHT?!?!?!? Turning left does nothing. When I turn right I also here a clicking sound that I can feel in the steering wheel. Any ideas? Im bumfuzzeled.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ares said:
I searched and found some info on the control arm bushings that have caused squeaking problems for some. But, the symptoms of my 01 Durango 4x4 are odd. It squeaks when hitting a bump and it only does it when turning RIGHT?!?!?!? Turning left does nothing. When I turn right I also here a clicking sound that I can feel in the steering wheel. Any ideas? Im bumfuzzeled.
I don't here a squeaking but i do have the clicking problem I can feel in my steering wheel too..It does it only when I turn right and hit a bump or am on uneven ground..I've had this problem since I bought the truck a year and half ago and can't figure out whats wrong either so I'm just waiting until it causes a bigger problem..let me know if you figure this one out because I also would like to fix it.

sincerly,
bumfuzzeled jr.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumfuzzled Jr. I may end up taking it to the stealership later this week if I can figure it out by then. It really is annoying. I hope the steering box isnt going. Those cant be cheap. Maybe someone will chime in and save our wallets.

Bumfuzzled Sr.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ares said:
Bumfuzzled Jr. I may end up taking it to the stealership later this week if I can figure it out by then. It really is annoying. I hope the steering box isnt going. Those cant be cheap. Maybe someone will chime in and save our wallets.

Bumfuzzled Sr.
no doubt. it hasn't caused me a problem other then just being annoying so if you do take it in could you reply and let me know what they say? thanks buddy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.