Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, my Durango started stumbling at idle, and at points slightly above idle if you were very easy on the throttle. If you stand on it, it takes off like a bat outta hell like usual. We thought it was some bad gas, and I put in gas dryer and ran that tank out. Put new gas in....problem seemingly solved. Got about a quarter ways through the tank and it started doing it again but worse. And this time the check engine light came on. Now if you are sitting at a stop light, all of a sudden it will idle down to like 500 rpm or less and barely run, and then all of a sudden jump up to like 1500, and you cant get it down. I took it to the dealer and they put it on the computer and said that the tb is very dirty and that it needs new O2 sensors. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd have to say MAYBE they're correct, or at least doing what they said would help.

I'm having a similar problem. The other day I took a look at my TB, and it is very dirty, also my check engine light is on, so I took it to Autozone, and he said the first of 2 O2 censors is out. He said it will make my idling alot smoother.

Did you replace the fuel filter? I recommend it if you have the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts