Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to install in-channel rain/vent shades, got all of them on but the right rear. The power window will not go down (I just posted in the swap meet section looking for a motor). Anyone know of an easy way to got the window down then up again without tearing the door apart? I am going to have to do it when I get the new motor so I don't want to do it twice. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lilguido1 said:
Sorry man, the only way down is to tear the door apart - but it's really not that hard to do. Either way, you are not getting it down w/o removing the bad motor...if that's the problem
Thanks,:biggthump I guess I will wait till I get the motor to put the last shade on, I'd hate to tear it apart twice.

·
Banned
3,222 Posts
are you sure its the motor? my front passenger window wouldnt go up or down. then it went down and wouldnt go back up. took to dealership and they said something about the pully cable system binding. glad I got it under warranty still. the part alone is $210. so I would make sure that it isnt the motor before spending the money on a new motor.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I bet you it's the visors. I installed Weathertechs last week, and my windows are extremely tight now! From all the way up, they normally need help coming down the first inch or so, then they are slow to about half way down, then they are fine.

I can tell the motor is getting too much stress. I am going to have to remove the visors and shave/modify them to not pinch the window so much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlackDak said:
I bet you it's the visors. I installed Weathertechs last week, and my windows are extremely tight now! From all the way up, they normally need help coming down the first inch or so, then they are slow to about half way down, then they are fine.

I can tell the motor is getting too much stress. I am going to have to remove the visors and shave/modify them to not pinch the window so much.
Question for you. When I installed in channel's on my brothers truck the directions said to pull down the rubber from the window, stick the visor in pressing it against the inside of the door then push the rubber back into place. The set I just got from a guy on ebay says to just glue them into the rubber and leave window close for 72 hours. Seems a little cheesey. The brand name of these are Wade. The others were Vent Shades I believe. I wanna pull the rubber down and install them like the others. Do you think I should? :help:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.