Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chief Rocka
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird issue popped up the other day... hit a pot hole now the drivers front makes a weird cluck over bumps, not bad enough to cry over but noticed the 2 nights ago sitting in park it was making a knocking noise sounded almost like bad alternator or tensioner bearings, not a rod type knock. grabbed some silicone spray and sprayed both just to see if that quited it any. hopped in and drove away no noise. my wife goes out yesterday, starts it up and theres that knock again. it sounds low so i tell her to back up i will pull the ramps out and look underneath and when she puts it in reverse it goes away. no noise in any gear except for park. any ideas?

B

·
0 Posts
Check your fan shroud. You may have knocked something out of line when you hit the pot hole. Have you crawled under the front yet with it in park to see if you can isolate the noise and where it's coming from? :huh:

·
Chief Rocka
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^ this
i thought something transmission also, however it was coming from too far forward. could not hear inside truck or loudly from sides more only from front. since posting this, it has only done it once but i still want to get under it when its a little dryer outside...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts