Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Durango with the 5.9. Yesterday I pulled it in and replaced the radiator, and now it won't start. It turns over fine, but doesn't even try to fire, and I can smell a little gas when I've cranked on it. I can't find anything that I bumped or came disconnected. I can hear the fuel pump kick on, and I'm getting pressure in the rails. I pulled #3 plug wire, since it was easy to get to, and I'm getting spark. Although I read in a thread on here where another guy had a similar issue and it ended up being a bad coil putting out a weak spark. I pulled an injector plug and tested it with a test light, and I'm getting a ground off of the common green/orange wire. The way I understand it, that wire should be hot with the key, and the PCM cycles the injectors using the ground. This is my wifes DD, and I really need to get it back on the road. Thanks inadvance for any help.

·
Registered
11 Posts

If your fuel pump is working, and your fuel tank has gas on it then your crankshaft sensor is probably shot or the wiring. if the camshaft sensor is bad the engine should turn over and fire up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The drk green/orange wire that feeds the injectors, coil, and several other things is showing a ground. Is there a way to find a short? I keep reading about the ASD, would it ground that feed wire, or just cut it? And theres nothing in my distribution box that mentions the ASD. Really frustrated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, to recap, the feed wire for the injectors and the coil that is supposed to be hot with the key is showing a short. I've checked everything I can think of and am still stumped. However, today I pulled the left big plug off of the ECU, and the short went away. Anybody have a wiring diagram for the ECU?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts