Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i have a
97 dodge dakota SLT extended cab and it needs some interior parts, however there isn't many dakota's at my local yard but there are a bunch of durango's i was wondering what years and interior parts will fit my truck im mostly looking for seats, dash panels, and door panels any clue witch years and models i should look through

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
122 Posts
Almost everything you are looking for will fit from a Durango, 98 - 00 I think. Obviously not the rear seat. Dash and front seats should be identical. The door panels will be different, as the Durango front doors are smaller than the extended cab Dakotas. The Durango may have been offered with a different center console and some other details like leather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx the big thing i was wondering were the seats as mine are vinyl and im looking for leather for my truck just to make it a bit nicer

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
122 Posts
If you go to the boneyard to pull seats -- bring an impact and a socket set with a big breaker bar. Those back bolts are in TIGHT, with threadlocker, and you will need leverage. I just went thru this. Get the rears a few turns loose and hit them with some PB Blaster. Let it soak and then go after it with the impact. You'll swear you're going to snap them off... and that's probably OK since it's a junkyard truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the advise i was about to go there with a basic tool kit i would of been out 2 bucks if i had not known this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thx the big thing i was wondering were the seats as mine are vinyl and im looking for leather for my truck just to make it a bit nicer
Try checking the 1998-99 durango elite. I pulled some parts off the rear a-c system and it had heated leather seats.
The 1998-99 Durango elite has heated leather seats. I have swapped many interior parts from older model Durango's for my 2002. But everything changed in 2003 as far as control consoles speed sensors ABS sensors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts