Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know if you can change the seats from a durango to a dakota, back and forth, from year to year?

The reason I ask, I have an 03 Durango, lookin to get 2000 or 2001 Durango or Dakota R/T Leather Interior and wanna know if it would fit right?

thanx

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Iknow that there were some minor changes between 01 and 03 durnago and dakotas. I would not think that they would change the track that the seat sits on though. They usually try to get parts to last as long as possible from year to year. Much cheaper for DC.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
GOON'S D said:
Iknow that there were some minor changes between 01 and 03 durnago and dakotas. I would not think that they would change the track that the seat sits on though. They usually try to get parts to last as long as possible from year to year. Much cheaper for DC.
BINGO! DC is too cheap to let that one slide. The ONLY difference might be with the type of center console you have.... I've heard that if you have the one piece console all the way down to the floor, you have a wider seat than the ones with the 40/20/40 split bench type seats.... but... I haven't had first hand experience yet.

Paul

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you beleive i could rape a 2000 durango from its seats, and place them in my 2003 Durango, and it should fit correct?

thanx

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Yes. I would take some measurements first if you can of both seats and maybe give Dodge a call. Jus to make sure. Seats are expensive. Are you planning on doing all 3 rows?

D

·
0 Posts
Let us know....

Let everyone know how this goes when you do it. I would like some leather R/T seats in my 'rango too. Not a big fan of my bench seat up front.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The seat track bolt pattern has not changed from 98-2003. Thus, R/T seats should bolt right in. In fact, you should be able to just unbolt the seat from the track itself.

Coincidentally, I want to sell my front R/T buckets. I have a set of '01 Viper seats I'll be re-upholstering/installing early spring '05.

Asking $500.... if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
799 Posts
This not a pic of the actual seats in my truck, however, mine are in the EXACT same color configuration, style, and with the embroidered "R/T". Oh yeah, mine are also in mint condition showing very little wear.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need further info, etc.

Hope this helps! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Durango-SS said:
Let everyone know how this goes when you do it. I would like some leather R/T seats in my 'rango too. Not a big fan of my bench seat up front.
You have a bench in your Durango? I have never seen or heard of that?

D

·
0 Posts
crazy huh?

I just looked on the bay and there isn't a bench seat on there either. It isn't bad at all cause the center seat fold down like a console. Apparently is was an option. Why the dude wanted that is beyond me. Must had a few kiddos. He actually paid extra for the bench! I will have to show you a pic. :huh:

T

·
0 Posts
DIY Leather

Not sure if this is anything you've considered, but I stumbled on it yesterday in Feb's issue of Trucking and i'm thinking about it myself. You'll have to let me know if you try it.

http://www.classicsofttrim.com/find...&body=SUV&year=2003&pattern=225656-PT#pattern

Seems like a killer way to do your own leather, and while there arent' any prices on the website, it's got to be cheaper than some other options. :huh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts