Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one out there experienced pulsating in the brake pedal?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
snubzinttown said:
More than likely warped rotors...Fronts...
Right on the money.... us dakota/durango guys, have problems with warpping them rotors... and ball joints... dang it dodge... get it right.

Paul

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am aware of the rotor problems. We had the occasion to rent 2 seperate Durangos and they did the same thing. Our original brakes had plenty of pad left @ 20,000 miles, but the rotors had actual chunks of metal out of the braking surfaces. New ceramic pads and new rotors and we are doing the same thing. I am considering going to 4 wheel discs with larger rotors, pads and calipers. The 11.25" rotors obviously can't handle the heat. Does any one have any experience with these conversions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think some people have used aftermarket rotors with some success. I would think a Brembo or other high quality rotor should do just fine.

·
Registered
599 Posts
yea I think you might want to check if your brakes are ABS equiped...which they should be stock. Annoying ain't it? auto mfg. must think drivers these days have no braking skills.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all your thoughts, I e-mailed ssbrakes.com and asked them if they had any ideas on conversions for these brakes and I have not even gotten a resopnse. This truely disturbes me as my wife is the primary driver of this vehicle. I would greatly appreciate any input if any one has had similar experiences.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom Kelly said:
Thank you for all your thoughts, I e-mailed ssbrakes.com and asked them if they had any ideas on conversions for these brakes and I have not even gotten a resopnse. This truely disturbes me as my wife is the primary driver of this vehicle. I would greatly appreciate any input if any one has had similar experiences.
Front upgrade;
http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/products/detail/717/?make=Dodge&model=Durango&year=1999

Rear Conversion;
http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/products/detail/716/?make=Dodge&model=Durango&year=1999

1 - 9 of 9 Posts