Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
duranged new buildup: Updated New Shoes (06/05/09)

For all who dont know, I cut everything out front under duranged for its new buildup. The new buildup consists of 2 front 2.5 ton rockwells front and rear. I'm running 56" chevy lift springs in the rear and 52"ers in the front. Its getting full orbital hydraulic front and joystick rear controlled steering. It will end up with 53" michelin tires and 20x10.5 rims. The final date to be driving it seems to be set near the end of july give or take.

Front spring mount:

Another shot (I seriously musta went through 4lbs of rods and god knows how much metal lol):

here you can see how far back the wheelbase was pushed:

The front shackle mount, I put a piece of DOM tubing through the frame and use polyurethane bushings:

Side shot of front susp. setup to show front wheelbase pushed:

Front shot of S/R mount, the subframe design I used was tight only because I tried to keep the stock bumper with minimal trimming, it seems now I'm going to have to fab up a bumper:

Its almost sitting at its final ride heigth, but it will need to be jacked up another 6-7"s to get the tires on. It sucks because I have a 30x50' shop that the sumbich cant fit in so I'm stuck to work outside.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Is it going to be able to tuck 53"s? Hahaha

That's going to be BADASS when it'd done... You going to put a cummins in it next, so you can actually SPIN those 53s? That's going to be WICKED! What kinda 20's you going to be runnin?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way things are looking from the top of the tire to the fender I will have 14"s. The rims I ordered from john at stazworks.com, you cant use any ordinary rim because of the 6x8.75 bolt pattern of the rockwell and the need for a HD rim that can hold the heavy a$$ tires.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
And he is at it again! :drool:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
soo... I'm guessing you're building the August TOM huh bud? lol. What happened to all of you old stuff?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
soo... I'm guessing you're building the August TOM huh bud? lol. What happened to all of you old stuff?
it sold very fast, only thing I have left now is a 9.25 rear end, durango rear leaf springs with the 2.5 AAL's, the front 4" lift K5 springs. I also still have my 38.5 SX's on the black rockcrawler rims but thats ford lug pattern.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MeanThree18 said:
Is it going to be able to tuck 53"s? Hahaha

You going to put a cummins in it next, so you can actually SPIN those 53s?

I'm currently researching a 4bt cummins motor. They easily make 200hp/400 ft.lbs. and to me that would be adequate given the gearing its going to have.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Dude keep us posted on the build up, my God your truck is going to be sick as hell. :biggthump

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some more work done:

You can see how wide it'll end up being, the inside of the tire will ride about 1" inside the fender (I wish bushwackers made some 6" widers for my truck):

With the help of a friend I got the front chunk in:

Clocked rear case (to set it more center), this sumbich I actually wrestled in by myself and took me about an hour and a half lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Thats goin to be one big sombitch :clap2:
U are using military duce and a half axles??

·
Registered
582 Posts
man, that thing is crazy. I know what you're saying about the garage though. I have a 30x40 so full of projects that I have to do all the real work in the driveway.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
studlybilly said:
Got some more work done:

You can see how wide it'll end up being, the inside of the tire will ride about 1" inside the fender (I wish bushwackers made some 6" widers for my truck):
I bet that if you talk to some of the guys doing Fiberglass work, they might be able to fab up a set a of Fender flares to cover your tires.. or you could do like that truck on Truckin TV and just put a peice of plexiglass around the tires (like a makes shift fender flare/mud gaurd) so you can drive it on the road and take them off when off roading.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BLACK01RTCC said:
Thats goin to be one big sombitch :clap2:
U are using military duce and a half axles??
yes those are 2 front 2.5 ton rockwell axles.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
I bet that if you talk to some of the guys doing Fiberglass work, they might be able to fab up a set a of Fender flares to cover your tires.. or you could do like that truck on Truckin TV and just put a peice of plexiglass around the tires (like a makes shift fender flare/mud gaurd) so you can drive it on the road and take them off when off roading.
I know they have pre runner fender flares but that doesnt resolve the rear.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You can just make some giant mud flaps for the rear and have them removable so you can take them off and go mud riding. lol. Where there's a will, there's a way.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bigguy18LSU77 said:
You can just make some giant mud flaps for the rear and have them removable so you can take them off and go mud riding. lol. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Well we dont "have" to cover our tires, I just wanted to get a 6" extended bushwacker flare but they havent made any for dak's/rango's. Oh well, I'll be wide stepping it.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts