Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago I was bored at work and decided that i wanted to do something with my exhaust, at the time I had no converter and a 40 seried americam thunder flowmaster and a tailpipe with a nice shiny tip on it.... Well I wasent happy with how quiet it was so i had decided to cut the tail pipe off and just dump it......Wow im amazed what kinda diffrence that 3-4 foot section of pipe made.....Now it sounds like some kinda NHRA pro street drag car......freakin awsome! all for free too :biggthump

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Yeah is is hard to belive how much diffreace in soulnd the tailpipe makes. I know on the Stangs when you dump the Flows it is a night and day dif.

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not really but iv found that since its so loud not im keepin my foot out of it and never really floored it because of how loud it is.... Gas saver mod? :biggthump

·
Registered
435 Posts
Dumping

If dumping refers to headers to muffler and them the muffler just has a big whole in the back, hey, you are right. I had my exaust recently fall off at the back of the muffler and the whole 3-4 foot section to out the back came off. It sound like a huge V-8 and it is only a 3.7, My exaust is a flowmaster of corse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.