Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the sport ones with just power and wanted to know if the dumbo ones with power/and heat will work on what I have or do I have to run a power of some sort for the heated portion? These ones I found are from a 2000. Would they even work with my 2004?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
I don't think they'll work. Wiring would be the issue...

Besides, those are the ugly ass ones. Get the 01+ folding mirrors.

As for the heat, not sure if you can plug-n-play or not.

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think they'll work. Wiring would be the issue...

Besides, those are the ugly ass ones. Get the 01+ folding mirrors.

As for the heat, not sure if you can plug-n-play or not.
Well they are the folding ones. I thought that they were all dumbo's:huh:

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
i gotta tell ya....after having dumbos for ten years, it's painful driving something with small mirrors..

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After my lift I might switch to the larger ones but they need to be power/folding the heated option isnt that important

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
These ones I found are from a 2000. Would they even work with my 2004?
No. im going through this on my 02 that came from the factory with power, heated folding mirrors. the kid put some cheap ebay mirrors on it and one was broken, so i just snagged a pair of 5x7 power. they dont plug in.

If:
truck came with power, heated folding mirrors - you have an 8 pin plug
truck came with power, 5x7, non-heated, non folding mirrors - you have a 6 pin plug

dodge lists the mirrors i need as being only for 01-04 dakotas. i dont even think any daks/durs had the 8 pin heated mirrors until 01-up. ive had a HELL of a time finding what i need on ebay. i want the 6x9 heated ones.

·
3,230 Posts
Default is to list price high to low. Scroll down.
i did. they get cheaper, but the cheaper they get, the more often i see "non-heated" if it has a note at all. ill try them tomorrow and see what i can dig up.

·
3,230 Posts
SOoo these wont work with my non folding power only mirrors?
if the ones you found are power, heated folding mirrors, and your truck came only with 5x7 power, then i dont believe they will. the ones you found, are they 6 or 8 pin?

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if the ones you found are power, heated folding mirrors, and your truck came only with 5x7 power, then i dont believe they will. the ones you found, are they 6 or 8 pin?
they just told me that they switched these for the non heated only power smaller ones...

·
3,230 Posts
they just told me that they switched these for the non heated only power smaller ones...
well, the only way to find out is to get them and then see if they plug into your truck. do you have the rear window defrost button on your HVAC control? thats what controls the mirrors, even if you dont have a rear window heat strip (like my 02) if they are indeed 8 pin and you end up not using them, ill buy them from you.

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might give them a try if I can get them at a reasonable price. What is the asking price for these normally?

·
3,230 Posts
I might give them a try if I can get them at a reasonable price. What is the asking price for these normally?
the power heated folding ones are expensive. if you can get the pair for under $100, your doin good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts