Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Chillin The Most
26,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sport ones with just power and wanted to know if the dumbo ones with power/and heat will work on what I have or do I have to run a power of some sort for the heated portion? These ones I found are from a 2000. Would they even work with my 2004?

· Resident Craigslist Whore
1,954 Posts
These ones I found are from a 2000. Would they even work with my 2004?
No. im going through this on my 02 that came from the factory with power, heated folding mirrors. the kid put some cheap ebay mirrors on it and one was broken, so i just snagged a pair of 5x7 power. they dont plug in.

If:
truck came with power, heated folding mirrors - you have an 8 pin plug
truck came with power, 5x7, non-heated, non folding mirrors - you have a 6 pin plug

dodge lists the mirrors i need as being only for 01-04 dakotas. i dont even think any daks/durs had the 8 pin heated mirrors until 01-up. ive had a HELL of a time finding what i need on ebay. i want the 6x9 heated ones.

· Resident Craigslist Whore
1,954 Posts
they just told me that they switched these for the non heated only power smaller ones...
well, the only way to find out is to get them and then see if they plug into your truck. do you have the rear window defrost button on your HVAC control? thats what controls the mirrors, even if you dont have a rear window heat strip (like my 02) if they are indeed 8 pin and you end up not using them, ill buy them from you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.