Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hooking up my tuner today and I Have a Bunch Of codes all Related to the o2 Sensors(That are Brand new).

Truck is a 2001 Durango 5.9

Codes are

p0135
p0037
p0031
p0132
p0138
p1281
p0141

any thoughts ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a relay or driver for the o2's that can go out ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No relay or deiver. Clear the codes using the SC, drive it for a while and see if they come back.

I did that today and It drove about 1/2 a mile before they all came back, drove it around town for 30-49 min no change still on !

G

·
All the codes are for the drivers side before and after cat 02 sensors. Are you sure you didn't get them mixed up and interchanged them because they are 2 different sensors and have to be installed in the right place.

The P01281 code is probably being caused by your thermostat sticking open and not letting the engine warm up quick enough. Have you changed it and if you have what temp did you install?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All the codes are for the drivers side before and after cat 02 sensors. Are you sure you didn't get them mixed up and interchanged them because they are 2 different sensors and have to be installed in the right place.

The P01281 code is probably being caused by your thermostat sticking open and not letting the engine warm up quick enough. Have you changed it and if you have what temp did you install?

Mine only has a before cat and after cat O2 sensor, and only one cat on pass side

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yet to do a thermostat, on the list now

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the O2's went out the D would hardly drive and then I switched the sensors out it drives fine out side of the codes and worse fuel mileage. Iam sure I put them In the right place, could be wrong I guess

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The possibility of you getting 2 bad 02 sensors at the same time is very remote. If it were my truck, I'd change locations and see if that cured the problem. :huh:
Might have to do that tomorow! Even worse case I might have to buy some o2's!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If I remember, the connectors are different so I don't think you can put them in the wrong spot. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough. I just popped 0135 today. It has been a long time since I changed them.

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts
When the O2's went out the D would hardly drive and then I switched the sensors out it drives fine out side of the codes and worse fuel mileage. Iam sure I put them In the right place, could be wrong I guess
^This right here should be a clue as well as losing the the two sensor's as once. When my Neon had CEL's come on a couple years back and checked them at the local O'Reilly's, it said the same thing, shorted out O2 sensor upstream. Got Bosch O2 for my Neon and thought that was the fix. Next day, heading home, I got the CEL on again and it was the same code. Took it to the dealer and found out my cat was plugged up. Was under the 8/80 emissions system warranty so a possible $200+ cat was replaced for free since my Neon had less than 80K miles.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok So I Swaped the o2 from front to rear and now the only code I get is

p0037, Going to pick up a set of new Direct Replacement o2 from dodge here soon. See if that helps .

I did replace the thermostat and it killed that code. Then I spent the rest of the day hooking up the Kenwood touch, subs and amps, long day yesterday.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I installed 2 new factory o2 sensors and the codes continue

p0031
p0135
p0141

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Problem solved............ The stupid 20amp fuse under the hood, I looked 10 times and did not see a fuse for the o2. Iam retarted

1 - 20 of 21 Posts