Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 D, 5.9 AWD with the full package, Transfer case, tow package, you name it and it probably has it. I have this rattling noise sounds to be from front driver side but I can't quite put it to place. New front end (bearings, cvs, ball joints, struts, even keys) I'm afraid it may be drivetrain but everything is so tight knit it's hard to tell even with a video of the underside of the truck pointing straight at the driveshaft which I'll post when I figure out how. It rattles under acceleration at any speed up until about 40mph where it seems to turn into a humming sound similar to oversized tires. It goes with the amount of acceleration applied not so much wheel speed so I THOUGHT bearings right? I was wrong. If I gain speed and let off (quick or slow) it stops, sounds like a pretty good vehicle again. On the gas, bad bearing-type rattle and grind but pitch matches the amount my foots on the throttle not tire revs or bearing speed. I know a lot about this vehicle so if you have questions I've got answers and if I don't I can find out so please feel free to ask more if I didn't explain well enough or give enough detail.Video of noises (maybe some exhaust too)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts