Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i dropped the front 3" the tires and rim are now inward on top, i went to have an alignment done yesterday and the guy told me my passanger tierod end -outer- was bad, and he wouldnt be able to actually do the alignment right besides the tierod part. so i told him to forget it and instead took the money and bought new tierod ends for both sides to do myself, my question is, is he full of bs that you cant give a dropped dak a full and right alignment just cuz it dropped? also after leaving there hit a RR track and my foglight bracket came loose, bustin my fog on the pavement. so i will be lookin around for new fogs too. maybe some angeleye 4" fogs.

·
Getting Old
5,037 Posts
as far as i know when u drop any vehicle the camber angle is gonna be inward just a little bit more than stock, u should be able to adjust it i think, thats what i have heard before anyway.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've dropped about as many trucks and cars as I have ice cream, I've always been able to get a FEA done without issue. If you do a drop with springs or control arms it will mess the alignment all up, drop spindles don't cause near the mess.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Install the tie rods and take it to another shop. No valid reason it can't be aligned if all the parts are in good condition.

When dealing with camber changes from modified suspension it's best to have it aligned with the proper equipment and experience. When adjusting camber the caster angle also comes into play and getting this wrong will result in an ill handling truck.

·
Drop and destroy!!
404 Posts
Your inside rim lip is rubbing because of the bent tierod. Get that replaced first then take it to the alignment shop. There are limitations on how far the castor, or in your case, the camber can be adjusted. It's not an infinate thing. They should be able to get it back to stock or very close without messing anything up though.

·
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually it wasnt rubbing on a bent tie rod end, i replaced those and the popping when turnin has stopped but i looked around and its rubbin on the sway bar, so wouldnt a aftermarket sway bar for dropped daks fix this problem or just the alignment work?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
addicted2blue00 said:
actually it wasnt rubbing on a bent tie rod end, i replaced those and the popping when turnin has stopped but i looked around and its rubbin on the sway bar, so wouldnt a aftermarket sway bar for dropped daks fix this problem or just the alignment work?
Are you running oversize tires? Mine rub too but only when turning the wheels fully to the left.

Also I didn't notice a change in my steering geometry but it does make sense that it would change. Unless I notice premature wear on the inside edge I'm not going to do anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.