Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Medium Pimpin
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas...is there any way to just drop the ass end of my 02 Durango down so that it sits a little more level? Just so you guys know what i'm working with...it's a 02 Durango SXT and it's 2wd so there's no issues there. I wouldn't mind putting a drop kit on it for the right price, but it sits pretty low for now except for the ass end. Like I said....I just want to know if there's a way to just drop it to sit a little more level and fill the wheel gap in the back. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Yes it's a lowered 4X4
2,307 Posts
I have drop shackles on my truck their cheap, easy to install and don't affect the ride. They have 2 setting if you like a 1" drop or 2" drop.

Anthony

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
if you just want to level it off why don't you crank up/down your torsion bars. just a suggestion

·
Registered
613 Posts
yup, bars are on the 4x4's.........blocks would be a way to lower it. Not sure how it effects the ride quality.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
darkecho said:
Aren't the torsion bars just on the 4x4 models?
ooops. your right. Need to pay attention and read the whole thread :sorry:

·
7,610 Posts
one thing to remember you get what you pay for, so if ya get a kit from ebay be beware, not more then an 1" block, or shackles 2", thats if ya wanna level but if ya drop then i say a 2/4 drop would look good

·
Registered
557 Posts
The Durango and Dakotas are different. You can't use a shackle kit on the Durango because the leafs do not ride on the outside of the frame rail. They ride directly under the frame rail. Been there tried that...............NEXT :jester:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts