Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my 97 dakota sport and I need new tires. I was wondering how you guys suggest to lower perhaps on a budget. Budget or not what are all of my lowering options? I would also like to know if my stock tires size will still be alright after I drop it or if I should go with something lower profile. If lower profile is the answer then what size should I go with and tire recommendations would be helpful too. I believe my stock tire size is 235/70r15 on I think a stock 15x8 wheel.

·
3,871 Posts
do you have the tire and whell package rims? just the better lookin 15s compared to plain stock. 29" tires will rub so youll have to drop to a 235/60/15 or if you want wider 245/60/15, compared to 235 - 245 i could burn the 235s with no problem, the 245s hook better, what size of drop would you want? a 2/4 looks good if you dont want to slam it and good for perfomance, 4/6 is a complete slam in which u might have to cut ur fenders. just about everyone will tell ya that hotchkis 2/4 is the best drop w/ performance, i agree but $$$$$. so if ya need tires get a lower pro 60, it will drop a lil.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Whats with the 70 series sidewalls? Ive seen dakotas at the dealer with 255 60 15 fromt he factory. I also saw this old dude with 275 60 15 on a dakota sport lowered with stock 15x8 rims
Looked really cool
Rob

·
lots of mods & no money
1,202 Posts
is a 3/4 drop too much with 235/70/16? dont want to buy it install it olnly to find out it rubs. or would switching to like 45 or 50 series tires give me a noticable drop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.