Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I first got my durango a couple weeks ago that the drivers side low beam was out so I thought I would just replace the bulb and be good so I bought a set. Then when I went to change them I noticed there was a wire running from the passenger side lowbeam wire to the drivers side and I wiggled it around and turned them on and sure enough both low beams are now working.

What would cause just the drivers side to not be getting power to the low beam would that be wiring from the switch or the switch its self?

·
9,489 Posts
What do you mean by you noticed a wire? Is this a wire that someone has added on? If it is then the factory wire may have burned or broken.. pics of what you're talking about would be very helpful..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by you noticed a wire? Is this a wire that someone has added on? If it is then the factory wire may have burned or broken.. pics of what you're talking about would be very helpful..
There is a wire spliced in from the drivers side low beam wire to the passenger side lowbeam wire without it then the drivers side low beam doesn't work which tells me for what ever reason the factory driver side lowbeam wire is not getting power.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
There is a wire spliced in from the drivers side low beam wire to the passenger side lowbeam wire without it then the drivers side low beam doesn't work which tells me for what ever reason the factory driver side lowbeam wire is not getting power.
It sounds like the low beam power wire on the drivers side is broken somewhere and the previous owner (or his/her mechanic) didn’t want to track it down and fix it correctly and chose instead to jerry rig something. Problem is that in doing so there are now two lights on a circuit that was designed for only one light. So you’ll probably notice the passenger side light gets brighter when you disconnect the spliced in wire going to the drivers side.

I’d track down the break and fix it properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts