Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Looking for some help on finding someone that manufactures a Double DIN Dash insert for a 2001 Durango? Apparently, our generation requires removing the entire left side of the dash above the steering wheel and normal Double DIN Dash kits won't fit? The installer would have to actually cut the dash and try to fit the radio as close as possible to a "factory" look? Someone out there has to have manufactured a Double DIN insert for this model. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've actually used the Metra kit for my 2002 Dakota. It's actually the closest thing I could find that didn't require some super crazy mods. You do have to trim more of the inner dash than the instructions tell you, quite a bit in fact. But the kit includes a template which made it really easy to trim the actual dash panel. With the supplied mounting brackets, the HU lined up with the dash perfectly. I would recommend this kit if you really want to add a double din. Although I do like the Alpine HALO series head units, I don't like the fact that you can't take the monitor part with you. Anywho, just my two cents!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts