Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have performed serches, but there is no direct information.

I am looking to install a Double DIN receiver in a 2001 Durango R/T, as I require navigation. I do not want a portable GPS/NAV unit; a full navigation Double DIN, DVD player is what I would like to install.

How many of you have performed this install in the 01-03 dashes?

Does any of the dash structure (not just the trim/cover) require removal?

Do you have pics of the finished product?

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I want to put an AVIC D3 in my 00, but the dashes changed and I haven't seen anyone do it in a 2000 as the 01+ had a dash change that made it 1000X easier..

Would the RB1 Fit and work in a 2000? I'd order that as it looks like it'll fit in a 2000 opening

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that is one option I would look into if I could not make an aftermarket unit work.

I also want audio adjustability and system add on capabilities that are possible with aftermarket units.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
I want to put an AVIC D3 in my 00, but the dashes changed and I haven't seen anyone do it in a 2000 as the 01+ had a dash change that made it 1000X easier..

Would the RB1 Fit and work in a 2000? I'd order that as it looks like it'll fit in a 2000 opening
its not the same opening as the 01-04's, The 2000 is more square where the newer one are rounded edges.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
I guess that is one option I would look into if I could not make an aftermarket unit work.

I also want audio adjustability and system add on capabilities that are possible with aftermarket units.
I hear you, always a nice option. Can find them on Ebay for about 350 or so.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a. Thought for you. I put he RB1 unit in my 2001 SLT plus model because I wanted in dash nag. Same as you. It's a much easier and cheaper option than doing a double din and is much cleaner. There are good deals on eBay. Make sure it works though first. My unit is working properly. Seller says it was tested fine and had to be the installer, my installer says they aren't sure why it doesn't work. I need some help with it. If anyone has a know how of the RB1 unit works, would appreciate it.

·
9,489 Posts
First of all, this thread is 5 years old. It's doubtful anyone involved hasn't found something by now..

Easier, yeah.. Cheaper? Not so much. I'm a firm believer that the stock in-dash units are way overpriced for what they are.

And if you are looking for help, we need to know what's wrong. What is it doing (or not doing)? What has the installer told you?

It would not be out of the question that there really is something wrong with it too. Ebay isn't always known to have the most honest sellers, especially when it comes to regular people trying to make a quick buck selling their old broken crap..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sorry I was just searching threads I didn't realize this was 5 years old. My nav in the RB1 doesn't keep up with me when I'm driving. The arrow turns as I turn, but it doesn't travel. The am/fm radio doesn't function, even though it has the adapter need to connect to my 01 antenna. The CD player works fine. But then I'll start my car and the CD player is going, but no sound is coming out. So I have to turn the stereo off and turn it back on again for it to work. But thenth e stereo freezes every few times that I'm using it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts