Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been catching up on some really old e-mails which unfortunately slipped through the cracks, and this submission was a good one to post in the forum. Neil Sears sent pictures of the outside and inside of his door panels while doing some work, this may be useful to someone to needs to take them apart to access the handles/mirrors/etc. or for anyone wanting to do custom work.

· Registered
56 Posts
how easy do they come off???? i need to take mine off to replace my outer door handle.....my bronco had those dumb little clips that kept breaking, im hoping dodge did'nt use them.....thanks

· shake them babies
1,413 Posts
what's pictured here is 2001-2004 dakota doors. there are 5 screws holding it: one at the top of the sail panel near the sideview mirror; two along the bottom edge; one hidden behind the door opener handle; and the last behind the door closing handle. take the screws out and lift up the panel. no christmas tree snaps to break at all... pretty easy

· Registered
56 Posts
dakota g33k said:
what's pictured here is 2001-2004 dakota doors. there are 5 screws holding it: one at the top of the sail panel near the sideview mirror; two along the bottom edge; one hidden behind the door opener handle; and the last behind the door closing handle. take the screws out and lift up the panel. no christmas tree snaps to break at all... pretty easy
thanks for the info......have to order a door handle first....can't believe dealer don't carry them??!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.