Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
We Are 138
9,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 97-00 door panel, the carpeted area, how do you take that off?

I want to remove it, and either fill the area to make it smooth, like you never knew it was there, or, leather cover the carpet, or leather cover with something embroidered on it, either way, it's got to come off. so how do i do it?

·
Registered
876 Posts
on the back of the door panel you'll see several round spots around the edge of the carpet line. looks like melted plastic or like a plastic weld(sorry dont know how to better describe them. someone will chime in) i took my dremel tool and you just grind them out around the outside. dont go too deep. maybe set the depth at 1/4''. try and keep the center in tact because then you can use small screws and washers to reinstall them

5,187 Posts
it's held on with plastic rivets... you have to grind the backs off carefully and then pop the panel out.

To re-install it pop the panel back into the door and carefully re-attach using small wood screws and washers into the hollow shafts that remain from the rivets

·
Registered
876 Posts
it's held on with plastic rivets... you have to grind the backs off carefully and then pop the panel out.

To re-install it pop the panel back into the door and carefully re-attach using small wood screws and washers into the hollow shafts that remain from the rivets

there ya go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.