Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local plasma cutting place finally got a hold of me to make the raised metal door emblems for me so, I've gotta decide on what exactly I want to put. For some reason i've been really debating about going with just "Dakota R/T" My orginal plan was just to do "5.9 R/T". For some reason, I think the longer emblem would look better than a short one on the side of the door. For the tailgate, I'll still go with the "5.9 R/T" on the back right side.Any thoughts or other ideas? The emblems will be raised up around 1/4'' inch or a little less and will be polished up.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,204 Posts
1/4" seems a little bulky, going with stainless?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty set on going with Dakota R/T on the doors and 5.9 R/T on the tailgate. Got a few other plans up my sleeve for the truck, but no more info or pictures will be posted until It's done and complete at the end of spring :) For the price, it varies but I was quoted at 40 bucks a set back in summer.

·
Registered
878 Posts
how are you going to finish up the emblems after they're cut? Plasma cutting normally leaves some nasty edges with thicker metal

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll polish them up myself. The sample they showed me look pretty good, but yes I will have to clean them up some before I put them on the truck. I'll use some thing 3M tape to hold them on as well.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I think Dakota R/T on the doors

then 5.9 R/T on the back would look best.

maybe even DAKOTA 5.9 on the door?

I wanted to put DURANGO 5.9 on the Durango. I actually found it online to buy similar emblems but they cost too much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts